Thursday, July 24, 2008

Darkness Everybody Darkness!

Did everyone watch yesterday's CNN special, Black in America? I didn't because I'm on travel at the Unity Journalism conference in Chicago! I'm blogging for the first time from my blackberry so please excuse typos until I have a chance to clean it up later. I'm in my first workshop about activism and blogging. I'm hoping to learn something. I wonder if they will mention the CNN special? Anyway, a lot of you guys called me or texted me about the show last night.Many of you were upset by the content and brought up a lot of questions. The most important one being who is Black in America? I mean who is really Black? Soledad O'Brien, the host of the show is bi-racial. Who was included in the statistics about black people? Is the one drop rule still in effect? I have so much to say. I'm going to try to tune in tonight for part two but right now I'm wondering why I'm over hearing the panelist for this session say they don't know what they are going to talk about and they could wing it if they have to! Oh, you know I'm going to get my registration money's worth. I'm going to ask tons of qustions so if they are winging they are going to have to wing it hard. My thumbs are cramping up so I need a break from the
blackberry. Please send me your comments, let's get the conversation rolling. Stay tuned!

No comments: